Saturday, June 21, 2008

A SATURDAY WITH NO PLANS GETS THINGS DONE!!

well we had nothing "offically" booked for us to do today. I love those days, mostly because they are few and far between! this weekend has been off to a good start. Friday with the kids baseball game.....where they did great, but more importantly we tried a new flavor of spits...chilie lime...i think i speak for us all when i say "YUMMY!"
then it was out to Staceys for a couples get together. i love those, as it is fun and you don't feel guilty for "being out". thanks again stacey! it is also great when my kids are able to be there, and feel like questioning me about "MOONING" and asking if i was "DRUNK"........good times!

today was a day of taking charge..........as you may know i struggle with my house. and there is 3 things about that that drive me nuts! 1. i cannot figure out why or seem to solve the problem. 2. i hate saying "i hate my house". i feel like a spoiled bratt, and i overall try not to be negative. 3. because off all this i am hesitant to invite people over.
so i set out to change that today. i emptied out my living room completely. washed the floor and then just sat there for a while. i rearranged the furnature..........AGAIN! but think i have it in a way that may stay for a while.
i won womans group so that ment i had some play money of my own. plus my sister had given me some gift cards at easter. jason took me in to calgary.........i set out with the intention of getting bed side tables........a hard thing to find and an expensive thing as well. so as i found nothing that i loved.....and if i don't love it i don't buy it! a new rule i am trying to abide by, i started looking at other things. i found 2 lamps, a tin box, a tin picture, and a large sepia picture of a tree!!! things are starting to feel like home............and it is about time as we have lived here for 11 months!!!

am off to finish my night watching a movie with my family. yep! so far so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny blogger you are tanya.
(thats my yoda impression) I don't really like star wars. I only like to watch it to see chubaka. He doesn't wear pants the entire film and you never see his junk. I know he's hairy but you would think with the rest of him being so large it would make an appearance or two in the movie. Maybe yetis or what ever he is don't have junk. Maybe they are more like gremlins you get em wet or somthing. wow how did I go there. ok I think i'll go now.

stacy