Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BEING SICK AND KEEPING FIT...ON OXI-MORON??

well i have a head cold. full sinus, plugged, then runny nose, headache behind the eyes and inbetween them.
BUT I AM TELLING MYSELF I AM FINE!!!
left work early and intended to just lay down for 10 min.....fell asleep! (oops)

but here is the real kicker.........i am on a "get healthy journey"
as of tomorrow i have been going to the gym for 2 months. i have never skipped a planned nite, and added an extra night just this past weekend on the advice of my trainer. i am a mental case, and am scared that if i miss a night due to head cold i will find other and numerous excuses to never go back.

so last night i went to yoga.....2 hours of yoga.........5 friends, my mat, my own box of kleenex, and me!..........brings a whole new meaning to "DOWNWARD DOG" WHEN YOUR NOSE IS RUNNY! GROSS!!!!!!

tonight Jason and I went to the gym.( i am slowly weaning off my trainer, basically due to financial reasons, and long term life style changes (thats my trainer's words)), so jason and i did my routine. we worked out hard..........and i could feel my throat getting sorer by the minute!

my point being this...........DON'T YOU FIND IT IRONIC THAT AS I TRY TO WORK HARD TO GET MY BODY HEALTHY, MY BODY SEEMS TO BE WORKING HARD SPREADING THE SICKNESS FROM MY HEAD TO MY THROAT!!!!!

in case you were wondering, measure day last week at the gym was another sucess. not as large as the previous one, but i am told that too is normal. i lost another 1.5 inces off my belly, for a total of 3.5 off just my belly. think i have lost a total of 12 inches over the entire body.

yes, dispite, if am being honest, i would like overnight drastic results, i am proud of myself.

2 comments:

Twink said...

Tanya, I am so proud of you..
you are looking great and your motivation is so great.. I need to find that.

did you get some advil cold and sinus. I think you need advil cold and sinus.. get some sleep and slow down.. I think your body is trying to tell you something.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bella, I cant stop laughing about our spot of clot....
I dont think I will ever be the same.
Signed
Friend of Edward